- CTP limited ("Caxton") and its licensors know and respect that you care how information about you is used and shared. Caxton appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
- By registering on Caxton websites, you are accepting the conditions and practices described.
- Caxton is the proprietor of a program (and intellectual property thereto) known as WOMF™ in the Republic of South Africa.
- To fulfil the purpose of the WOMF™ Site, WOMF™ needs to display a limited amount of personal information, so that users are able to evaluate the trustworthiness of a particular review.
- When/if you voluntarily disclose personal identifiable information (e.g. user name, e-mail address) via reviews, messages, forums, postings, or in other areas of the WOMF™ Site, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, may be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or third parties. These activities are beyond the control of Caxton. Please do not post any personal information on the WOMF™ Site or in other areas that you expect to keep private.
- As a registered WOMF™ user, you can modify your personal information at any time by accessing the "Registration" section of the WOMF™ site.
- Upon your request, Caxton will remove you and your personal information from our records; however, it may be impossible to remove your entries as they may have created additional relevant content. Registered users who wish to delete their registration should do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information Caxton and/or its licensors collects:
- User submitted account information such as name, age and email address to identify you and may send you notifications related to the use of the service;
- User submitted location information such as city, state, or area code;
- User submitted reviews, opinions, experiences and ratings of local businesses and/or service providers;
- Advertiser submitted advertisements, photos, logo’s, specials, reviews, opinions and/or incentives to contact their local businesses;
- E-Lert collects words nominated by you for monitoring of the WOMF™ site.
- Some information collected is not explicitly submitted by the user as Caxton logs your browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp.
- How Caxton Uses Your Information
- Information such as your full name and any personal identifiable information you included in your reviews at the time of review placement may be shown to other users primarily in conjunction with reviews you have contributed.
- Caxton may use your email address to send you updates or news regarding the WOMF™ Site, but you may choose not to receive email of this type by accessing the "Registration" tab of the WOMF™ site and updating your notification settings.
- Browser-type related information, IP address, requested URL, referring URL, and timestamp data help Caxton diagnose problems with the WOMF™ server, administer WOMF™, and otherwise provide the highest possible level of service to you. Caxton may also use this information to perform statistical analysis of user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the WOMF™ Site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on, their advertising banners.
- Transfer of Information
- Caxton and/or its licensors will disclose information about individual users to governmental or judicial authorities or law enforcement agencies, or to other individuals or entities in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- The WOMF™ Site may contain links to third party websites to which Caxton has no affiliation. Caxton does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. Caxton suggests you read the privacy polices on these third party websites.
- Your WOMF™ Site membership and/or E-Lert account is password-protected.
- Caxton tries very hard to protect the WOMF™ Site and/or E-Lert users' information.
- Caxton limits the access to your information to those employees who need access to perform their job function such as customer service personnel.
- If you have any questions about the security at the WOMF™ Site, please contact Caxton.
- You hereby acknowledge that is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release and indemnify Caxton from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
- Children are not permitted to use the WOMF™ Site.
- Caxton does not knowingly solicit information from any child. Should Caxton find that a child has accessed the WOMF™ Site, such child's access will be terminated.
- All transactions are processed in local currency. Please see your region’s local WOMF™ Site for further information.
- Contacting the WOMF™ Site
- Caxton Community Newspapers
PO Box 43156
- Caxton Community Newspapers
9 Wright Street